Skip to content

About SEP

Mission Statement

At Summerlot Engineered Products, Inc. our mission is to utilize real world engineering practices based on machine design, fatigue analysis and reliability to attack the financial burden of inefficient manufacturing equipment. We look at our clients’ cost of shut downs, maintenance budgets and overall return on investments to provide performance focused solutions. Along with superior customer service, we promise to bring proven successes to the table to repair existing equipment or eliminate failure with a long life and minimal maintenance on all new equipment.

Company History

Summerlot Engineered Products (SEP) was founded in June 1988 following the purchase of a small fabrication & machine shop, Keyes Manufacturing, Inc. in December of 1988. Founders Raymond L. Summerlot and Raymond D. Summerlot, both graduates of Rose Hulman Institute of Technology (RHIT) and licensed professional engineers, had 65 years combined experience and a clear vision. Metal fabrication eventually gave way to professional engineering services and custom manufacturing equipment.

In 1990 SEP joined the Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association (CEMA) and began applying their design, technical and safety standards to our equipment where needed. In 1993 SEP was recognized for its phenomenal growth from 3 employees to 28 with an increase of $2.5 million in sales and was ranked #232 in the 1993 INC500 List of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. Since then additional buildings have risen, new equipment has been added and production methods continue to improve. In May of 2002 Adam Summerlot joined the management team as the 3rd generation Summerlot to graduate from RHIT.

Despite economic downturns in many industries, SEP holds fairly steady revenues and continues to reinvest in capital & technological improvements. Currently 85% of all sales are “engineered” items in the material handling segment; the other 15% remains metal sales, as SEP is one of the only local vendors of metal to the general public.

Business focused publisher, Inc. Magazine has been the premier print publication for entrepreneurs and business owners for more than 30 years. In 1982, they introduced the Inc. 500, which celebrates the fastest growing privately held companies in the United States.

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology founded in 1874 as Rose Polytechnic Institute has been ranked No. 1 by U.S. News & World Report among institutions whose highest degree in engineering is the master’s. With 99% placement, the school has a student to teacher ratio of 1:13 and is recognized with countless national accolades.

The Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association, also known as CEMA and “The voice of the North American conveyor industry” is a trade association serving manufacturers and designers of conveyor equipment worldwide since 1933. The association represents engineers/ designers, manufacturers, installers, components and handling systems and focuses on design standards, safety and industry growth into the future.

Our customers trust in our unrivaled quality and reliability.

P.O. Box 5216, Terre Haute, IN 47805
Office: 1-812-466-7266
Fax: 1-812-466-7269

Member of the Conveyor Equipment
Manufacturers Association (CEMA) since 1990

Follow us on Instagram